Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

Since there are so many of us from/in the Bay Area (Ian, Katherine, Mark, Ryan, and Dennis), I believe it would be appropriate for me to post this:

http://www.letsrun.com/2010/bayarea0223.php

Another running club joins the Pacific Striders - er, the Strawberry Canyon Track Club (Mark's group?) - only this one is full of elites, including Shannon Rowbury, Jon Rankin, and David Torrence. The thought of these milers doing workouts up the Connector makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Perhaps we can stalk them.

Over and out.

2 comments:

Markkimarkkonnen said...

yup, i run with strawberry canyon, and ryan and dan have come out to their workouts as well.

the only elite i've seen in the area so far is michael coe

Katherine said...

BATC is co-founded by my old high school coach, Tony Kauke. He's a fabulous coach, a fun guy, and I think he has a great attitude towards running and life in general. I tried to model a lot of my coaching style after his. (And yes, he is the genesis of "up, set, gotcha").